Monday, June 11, 2012

MONTHLY FAVORITES: May 2012 (Mega late!)


I apologize for the super, super late May Favorites! I just got out for summer break from my school so I finally have time away from exams, projects, and whatnot to keep blogging!

Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Transluscent



This has become my holy grail setting powder.  It's quite expensive, for about $35, but it's definitely worth it.  It sets my foundation perfectly and helps it not budge for the whole day.  It definitely does not look powdery on the skin.  It blends into my foundation so you can barely tell I powdered.  My old setting powder made it kind of obvious that I was wearing powder, in my opinion.  This is exactly what I've always wanted in a setting powder and I'm glad I finally found it!

Wet n Wild Color Icon Blusher in Pearlescent Pink



After hearing rave reviews about this blush from a bunch of beauty gurus, I decided go get it.  I mean, it's like $3. And for $3, it is AMAZING.  I am not a huge fan of pink, like I always mention, but this is a mauvey, dusty pink with a bit of shimmer in it.  The color pigmentation is really great.  Better than I expected from Wet n Wild, for sure.  I've been reaching for this a lot since I purchased it. 

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey




This has, hands down, been my favorite lip product for this month.  Though I purchased it in the middle of the month, I've worn it almost every single day since.  I recently did a review about this product, if you'd like to read more in detail about it.  This shade has been my favorite of the ones that I've purchased because it is basically the same shade as my lips, but it just adds some shine and a bit more pigmentation.  It's been a really great every day shade for me.

Blistex Lip Medex


I'm obsessed with lip balms.  My lips get chapped fairly easily and I've tried a million and one chapsticks.  I love Burt's Bees, but this has been amazing.  It's very effective at helping my chapped lips.  It has that very medicated kind of feeling, so some people may not like it, but it definitely makes me feel like it's working.  It gives a bit of gloss to the lips so I've been enjoying using this over my lip products.

Benefit They're Real! Mascara


I've had this mascara for a while because I purchased it when I heard all of the hype about it.  To be honest, I didn't really like it when I first bought it.  The brush is pretty painful because it's plastic so I feel like it poked me in the eyes every time I applied it.  But, I've been using this at the end of my mascara routine and it's been perfect.  It's great for thickening my lashes, but still keeping them separated.  A lot of volumizing mascaras can be quite clumpy, but the bristles on this brush help keep the mascara from getting too clumpy. 

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Mascara


This has become another staple in my mascara routine.  It's great for separating and lengthening and does not clump at all.  I use this right before the Benefit mascara and right after my lash primer.  It's also extremely black, which I really like in a mascara.  This mascara also helps hold the curl of my lashes.  I do have very droopy and straight lashes, so anything that holds curl is best for me.

MAC Powder Blush in Peaches



Now that it's summer, I've been using this blush a lot.  It just gives the perfect, peach flush to the cheeks.  I love the way peachy tones look on my cheeks because I think it looks really healthy and fresh, especially during the summer.  It's also a matte blush, which I really like for an every day look.  I don't own many matte blushes, but I am thinking of getting more because I like that this does not clash with my highlight.



xx,
Jordana



6 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the Revlon balm stains to be released in the UK! "Honey" looks like such a gorgeous colour!

    http://paintpotted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, they're amazing! Hopefully you can get your hands on them soon!

      xx,
      Jordana

      Delete
  2. The Revlon balm stain looks amazing. I am trying to get it off ebay because I can't wait for it to be released in Malaysia!!! I love the Laura Mercier loose setting powder too. It totally sets makeup without looking too powdery or cakey at all.

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can get it off of Ebay! It's amazing. Otherwise, hopefully you don't have to wait too long!

      xx,
      Jordana

      Delete
  3. Mac Peaches is one of my all time favorite blushes :)

    ReplyDelete