Wednesday, April 18, 2012

LACQUER LUST: Essie 'Tart Deco'



Okay, I admit. I have a bit of an addiction to nail polish. It's strange because in high school I barely wore nail polish. But, once I went to college, I've been addicted. I partly started to wear nail polish more frequently because I had a nasty habit of biting my nails and having my nails done helped me not want to chew my nails down.  But, that's developed another nasty habit of painting my nails at least two or three times a week.

I recently painted my toe nails with Essie's 'Tart Deco'.  I am usually pretty weird about oranges on my nails, but I have the mentality that you can wear any color on your toes, so I tried this out.  I ended up falling in love with it and decided to give a try on my fingers. 

This is not your usual orange.  In fact, it isn't quite orange at all.  It's actually a beautiful, peach color that's a great bright shade for the spring/summer seasons. Also, it makes you look really tan. Which is never a bad thing.

The consistency is quite good for an Essie polish. I tend to find Essie nail polishes to be way too thin and it usually takes three to four coats to get it perfectly opaque.  This takes about two to three coats, which isn't too bad.  The finish is a creamy finish, which is my favorite.

If you're a bit afraid of color on your nails, I definitely recommend trying out a bright shade on your toes.  That way, you can see if you like the way the polish looks on your skin tone without having it too exposed if you end up not liking the color. It's a great way to transition into wearing brighter colors on your fingers and it looks great with the open toe sandals you'll be sporting for the upcoming seasons!


xx,
Jordana

No comments:

Post a Comment